Compatible fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok good I like feeding fish other fish I like to watch the different tactics each one uses to catch its prey it quite interesting

It's fun to watch but feeders are not very nutritious. And they carry parasites / diseases. I stopped feeding my old Wolf Fish feeders when he caught fish lice. I had to carefully hold him out of the tank and pick off the lice with tweezers. Take a look at a wolf fish and you'll see why it was not fun.

And what's the fish in your picture

It's an 18" fire eel. I lost him a few years back when he decided he liked the floor better than the tank.

It says the hujeta gets to be 12" in the aquarium is that correct

It's possible, however I've never seen one over 8" or so.

Pretty sure he mistook my 12" deep comment as in actual depth of the water haha.

But yeah. I still think a 4' tank is to short for them speedy lil gars/gar like fish.

Specially seeing how he seems adamant on feeding live feeders. I can't count how many posts I have read over the years about people's fish harming themselves (breaking spines and such or scrapes/cuts on ornaments/equipment) smacking the sides of tanks chasing feeders.

Possibly, although I think a 55 is 21" tall isn't it? Been a while since I had one so I don't recall.

That's why I like knives they're very slender and quick

African Brown Knife is the way for you to go. Plus they are on sale right now at Petsmart, I think $5 or $6.

Actually, if I were you I'd go for this. A Red Wolf fish. They stay around 10" and would be fine in a 55g. There are lots of videos in my sig of my old Red Wolf but here is one of it eating feeders.

I got him at 4" and had him over 5 years. He was right at 10" when he died. The tank in this vid is a 55g.

Actually I having been wanting a wolf fish for sometime now just never got one due to never having a big enough tank problem is I don't want it to eat my newt or my peacock eel though I could give my newt to my grandma but my peacock eel I love it's so weird looking this is my eel

Attachments

• image-2378662642.jpg
    image-2378662642.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 51
Actually I having been wanting a wolf fish for sometime now just never got one due to never having a big enough tank problem is I don't want it to eat my newt or my peacock eel though I could give my newt to my grandma but my peacock eel I love it's so weird looking this is my eel

The Red Wolf stays small. As long as your other fish are over 4-5" they "should "be fine.

I kept mine with bichirs that were smaller than he was.

Back
Top Bottom