Compatible tank mates for a betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah i know :) plus in my opinion putting angelfish with a betta doesn't look right? I have never kept an angel before but i've seen people doing it on youtube. They are both beautiful fish but in there own unique ways and yeah. Anyway thats just my opinion ;)

Also i have seen people keep yellow apple snails and mystery snails with goldfish before but nerites look amazing! I'm going to do some more research about them!

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Only bad thing is they leave little white eggs on the drift wood or some times the glass. The eggs don't turn in to snails in fresh water so they're harmless just a but of an eye sore

Sent from my iPhone

I was in this same fix with my betta. I originally tried neons, which worked for a while, but then he started chasing them. I tried habrosus cories, and he tried to attack those too. The only thing I found that works with him are kuhli loaches (which I LOVE) and are fantastic bottom dwellers, African dwarf frogs, and nerote snails. Kuhlis are supposed to be in no smaller than a 20 gallon, so you could get them with plans to upsize. I think the frogs would be perfect :)

One more note, just keep in mind that it completely depends on your bettas personality. Some are great community fish, other attack anything that swims. Mine was originally peaceful, and over the course of a month because very aggressive. Be prepared for this possibility with whatever you end up choosing.

Back
Top Bottom