Condensation inside heater.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gilpi

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have noticed my one year old Aqueon heaters have water or condensation inside.
haven't seen this before with other heaters, is this normal or chuck them in the trash?
:(

Mine has that since I had to run it very high for ich. It's been fine like that for at least 6 months. I would have to say though that any concerns and just get a new one.

I have 3 of these heaters and all of them have water droplets inside,
I only noticed when in my discus tank one was laying dead on the bottom, the others gasping for air on top. The heater was stuck "on" and almost boiled the fish. Not sure if the water inside was the cause for the heater failure but water and electric does not mix.

That is bad news :(

This is an API one I think. Barely copes. I picked up a second one and it has some sort of safety feature to turn off if out of water which I thought nice.

I just went with cobalt neo-threms I'm going to go with 2 or 3 small heaters from now on so if one fails my fish don't get cooked

Any water inside a heater is a bad sign. It generally means a seal in the filter is degrading. Heaters are one of the pieces of aquarium equipment that is generally a bad idea to cut costs on. If you are looking at replacing it then Eheim jager are so far some of the best heaters I've used to date and are still affordable.

Back
Top Bottom