Confused... --- Apple snail not moving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maddybrat

Aquarium Advice Addict
My apple snail has been left alone in the dark and still hasn't come out!? Any ideas of what's wrong or is it just really shy? All my other snails are just happily movin along?

maddybrat said:
My apple snail has been left alone in the dark and still hasn't come out!? Any ideas of what's wrong or is it just really shy? All my other snails are just happily movin along?

Take him out the water and smell him,if he stinks he is dead

Also, the trapdoor should be tightly closed. If not, another sign of death or severe disease.

Some Apple snails will "hibernate" (usu. after egg laying, or when it is cold). <Technically not true hibernation, but just periods of little activity.> If all appears well, leave her alone for a few days & see what happens. <If the temp is low, raising the temp will wake her up.>

Just got him this morning and he's been there for hours and the others are just like PARTY! But yeah I checked and she still has everything looking normal.

maddybrat said:
Just got him this morning and he's been there for hours and the others are just like PARTY! But yeah I checked and she still has everything looking normal.

Ok,just give her time to adjust and go from there

Oh good. They can take a while. I've had nerites actually site for 5 days before taking off. Usually they don't last long if they are that slow to get going though. I received a shipment of snails recently that arrived hanging loosely from their shells with no response to touch...obviously dead right. Well I thought I'll start by floating the bags..just to see.. Within 20 minutes all 6 snails were clung to their bags with their snorkels out looking for fresh air. Good thing I didn't toss them!

Back
Top Bottom