Congo Tetra question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Solarris

Aquarium Advice Activist
I noticed a few days ago that my male congo tetras tails look like something has been nipping at them. Right now the fish in my tank are 6 congo tetras, 4 pearl gouramis, 1 rainbow shark, 1, and 1 featherfin catfish. The last additions were the pearl gouramis but I've never seen them bother any other fish in the tank. I would be suspicious of the rainbow shark but he's never paid attention to the tetras at all and they just ignore him. My tank has just gotten over a mild case of ich, lost my rubber lipped pleco, and my rainbow shark looked like he might have had some fin rot but he's back to looking normal now. I'm really confused because I've never seen any other fish in the tank messing with my tetras but the male's tails look more like the female's tails now. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Would the gouramies be harrasing the tetras at night when I'm not watching them? Also, will their tails grow back and look normal again?

Back
Top Bottom