Congo tetras - with Pic link

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joannde

Aquarium Advice Addict
well, I did it again ! I bought fish without really researching them in detail first. I didn't intend for it to be this way.
I went to the LFS intending to get a Florida Flag Fish (to help keep the hair algae in check) and six dwarf neon rainbows.
The Florida Flagfish were awfully small and the LFS employee (he may have been the owner) suggested Rosey Barbs instead - so I got a m/f pair.
As I went down the aisle with the dwarf neon rainbows I saw a tank of Congo Tetras. I must have watched them for 10 straight minutes ! The changing color sheen and the incredible finnage really held my attention. After asking a few questions I decided to get 6 congo tetras instead of the dwarf neon rainbows.

They are trully stunning and since they stay close together it really makes the tank look happy, active, interesting and complete.

The 29G with the congo tetras is in front of me - the 10G with the dwarf puffers is behind me. I think my rearend is going to grow roots into this chair. I can't pull myself away from my tanks !!!!

Congrats on getting the Congo tetras. I've kept some myself and the males get more impressive looking the more mature they become.

Pics will be forthcoming - figured I'd give them a chance to color up a bit more so they can show off for y'all LOL - I'm thinking Wednesday will be a good day. I'd swear they color up a little more with each feeding. I can't wait to see what the males mature to look like since I'm already impressed ! LOL

I've really wanted some Congo Tetras, but at 9.99 each, I'm not so sure...

How much were yours, may I ask??

Back
Top Bottom