Considering mystery snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Silvercloud

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, would anyone be able to tell me if mystery snails would be compatible in my 20 gallon tank? I currently have 4 guppies, 2 Bettas and 2 common Plecos. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Two common plecos?

None of those fish will bother the snails, but the plecos are going to be a problem very soon if they aren't already. Also, do you have male bettas or female bettas in the 20? Because if males that's just asking for trouble. Females do better in bigger groups or alone.

Female Bettas, and I am aware that the plecos will be a problem soon, but I have a friend who's mom has ender guppies, and she grows out the plecos and then sells them. Thanks for the advice, though!

You will have no problem mixing mystery snails in your tank. I have several mystery, apple and zebra snails in my 50g with far more aggressive fish and have no problems , they all seem to ignore the snails .

Wouldn't have a tank without mystery's (and Malaysian trumpet snails). And I have 4 tanks. Lol

I have a crowntail Betta. I had a nerite with him for a couple of weeks but he kept pecking at it and flaring would not leave it alone. Decided to move the nerite. Trying again with a Mystery. Just caught him flaring at the Mystery. He is so ornery, but he better get used to it. Or I'll move him. Depends on the Betta. But as mentioned I have Mystery Snails in all my tanks. Such characters, my largest loves to parasail from the top of the tank.Hoping to get some Rabbit snails soon.

It seems my dragon scale Betta is eating all his mystery snails. What can I do?

My Male Dragonscale Betta ate my young mystery snails. He likes escargot, lol. No more snails for him.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom