contamination??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

princessp714

Aquarium Advice Regular
my husband had accidently spilled his soda in my tank while he was feeding the fish. it was diet dr. pepper, will this hurt the fish, I have great filtration, should I do a water change? sorry for the dumb ques.

Depends on whether your fish like diet soda ;) Did you ask them if it does taste like regular Dr. Pepper? XD Anyways, as usual perform a 25% water change and if the fish react just fine to it after 2 hours then you can perform another 15%-25% water change. If anything the soda will disrupt any biological filtration. I can't say adding fresh carbon will pull the soda ingredients, but will hopefully help to stabilize the overall parameters from shifting too far if it's not already in use.

How much soda got in the tank? A large water change would be a good safety measure.

Depending on the tank and the amount of soda spilled would influence how much water to change. The bigger the tank, the less water I would change.

Back
Top Bottom