CONTEST: Pick the quickest fish, win a prize!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you had snails in there, I'd guess a snail. :jump:

No but really, one of the yo-yo loaches.

Got enough kits for all of us? lol j/k
count me out of the drawing.
I only have FW.

Thanks though!

I'm going to guess the clown pleco. My plecos have always seemed to hide in a gravel/glass corner where I can't net them without squishing them.

Contest closes at noon EST today. Anything posted at 11:59 or before can win. The test kit is freshwater and marine, so anyone can use it.

I'm going with the BN pleco. More then likely when he is visible and able to track down, good luck trying to break his suction from the tank walls.

The first fish caught was the Oto. I put the net in the water and moved it around a bit, the Oto went crazy and swam directly into the net about 5 seconds later :)

Then I proceeded to start catching fish without much trouble. The BN Pleco was pretty easy to catch. I put the net around him on the glass, he tried to swim away and went into the net. I grabbed the fish with my hand and put it in the bucket. The Platys and Neons were not too bad. One YoYo Loach swam directly into the net as well. After about 10 minutes, here is what I had:

IMG_3843.jpg

That is all the Platys, all the Neons, all three Catfish, three Barbs, the Guppy, and one YoYo Loach. That left the final two fish in the tank:

IMG_3844.jpg

Just a YoYo, and a Cherry Barb. Both proved hard to catch and were quite elusive of the net. then, one fish made a critical mistake:

IMG_3845.jpg

Net 1, YoYo 0.

And that left us with... THE WINNING FISH!!!

IMG_3846.jpg

And the winner of the prize is...

Put everyone in a list...

1) petitemonk
2) hisc1ay
3) amphibianboy528
4) rubysoho
5) psyhampster

Then used an online dice server to pick the winner:

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Random number result

xxxxx_xxxxxxxx@hotmail.com requested that 1 roll of a 5-sided die be rolled.
Roll them bones ... your dice are
Roll 1: 2.

hisc1ay wins! Send me a PM with your address and I will get the test kit out to you shortly :D

i demand a rematch!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: ....

the otto didn't know when u started the game...and probably he thought twas about getting in the net that got u the prize... :roll:

Darn I was so close!!!!!

...damn barb!

CONGRADULATIONS hisc1ay!!!

Thanks alot for the contest grimlock. I certainly had some fun and I'm sure others did too and I'm really sure that hisc1ay will appreciate his brand new test kit. (and bragging rights?)

You're a good man!

...and to hisc1ay, if for any reason you're slightly colorblind, too, I CALL FIRST DIBBS!!!!!! ::nosegame::

hahahahaha :jump:

-Dan

Back
Top Bottom