Convert SW to FW?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No. Basically all the stuff will work (minus the skimmer) so I don't see why not. Except if it came with live rock, if the rock isn't dried out properly it will simply rot away in freshwater and you'll have a huge ammonia spike. If dried out properly though and put in it raises your pH like crazy high. Oh and you might have to re-cycle, I don't think saltwater :bb: can live in freshwater...I love this new bacteria emoticon! Thanks! :)

Last edited:
No. Basically all the stuff will work (minus the skimmer) so I don't see why not. Except if it came with live rock, if the rock isn't dried out properly it will simply rot away in freshwater and you'll have a huge ammonia spike. If dried out properly though and put in it raises your pH like crazy high. Oh and you might have to re-cycle, I don't think saltwater :bb: can live in freshwater...I love this new bacteria emoticon! Thanks! :)

Well if I converted it to FW I think I would just try to sell off of the rock. My pH is already pretty high 7.2-7.6. Not sure if I'm going to get the setup or not, I haven't seen it yet and they guy selling it is still in bed, lol. I'm hoping to take a look at it in the next few hours. I wouldn't even be getting another tank yet but I have this stand I built and it is drving me nuts every time I walk by it.

Back
Top Bottom