Converting to brackish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I want to move my guppies and mollies to a brackish tank but don't want to accidentally kill them in the process. How long should I let the bag float and how often should I add water? Or would a drip acclimater be best? First brackish tank and I'm super stoked for it

Keep calm and drum on

I want to move my guppies and mollies to a brackish tank but don't want to accidentally kill them in the process. How long should I let the bag float and how often should I add water? Or would a drip acclimater be best? First brackish tank and I'm super stoked for it

Keep calm and drum on

Drip acclimation would be best.

What size is the tank? If there's enough room you could add a few other small brackish fish like a knight goby, bumblebee gobies, and/or Celebes rainbowfish.

Oh wow you could have way more than that.

I think you should do:

3 mollies
10 guppies
1 knight goby
8 Celebes rainbowfish
1 purple spot gudgeon
5 Indian glass fish

OR

For something really cool, you could add like a mountain of sand on one side of the tank or a large stack of rocks to the tank and fill the tank with like half brackish water and then have a semi-aquatic tank with fiddler crabs and the mollies and guppies.

Fiddler crabs are really cool I used to keep them they just need brackish water and access to air.

Mollies will probably get cut to 3 knight goby are relatively rare in my area. Celebes rainbowfish purple spot gudgeon and Indian glass fish have never been in my area so I'd have to order them. Any good sights? In going for brackish stream environment so mud skipper and fiddler crabs

Keep calm and drum on

Back
Top Bottom