Convicts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unknown_7

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have about 5 convicts in a 60 gallon and was curious if there is anything I could get away with putting in there?

If they breed and they will. It will be tough to find a tankmate who won't be harassed. They are going to do a good job on each other.

Green Terrors maybe an option but they woould have to be a little bigger.

Well, if you end up with two pairs spawning you could always put in a rock. They usually do well with convicts :)

In a 90G, I have four convicts and they have just mated again. It's not too bad, if you have a lot of structure for everyone to make their own territories. So long as the other fish you introduce are, at the minimum, the same size as the convicts. Some others that would play well would be: salvini, texas, firemouth, jewels, jack dempsy, plecos.

I wouldn't get too many more fish as those convicts are going to breed like crazy. The fry would make good food for the salvinis and others, but you'll need to net them away from mom and dad. Cons are psychotically overprotective of their young.

Back
Top Bottom