Cool idea for aquarium lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol nice.... but where do you cook dinner?

lol i make quick easy meals at home, i find room believe it or not :) i eat my big meals at work.... theres a bit of counter space way to the left lol

Even better, put the lights on digital timer so the fish have more of a 'day & night' routine. I have all my tank lighting on timers so I know the 'sunlight hours' that the plant's are getting, it helps control over-exposure which can often result in algae problems. Also some fish are nocturnal, so they get a 'night-time' rather than coming out mid-day and suddenly the lights go on 'cause someone is visiting !

AquaOne said:
Even better, put the lights on digital timer so the fish have more of a 'day & night' routine. I have all my tank lighting on timers so I know the 'sunlight hours' that the plant's are getting, it helps control over-exposure which can often result in algae problems. Also some fish are nocturnal, so they get a 'night-time' rather than coming out mid-day and suddenly the lights go on 'cause someone is visiting !

I've read posts from other people on this forum saying the whole day night cycle isn't important as long as they're not in a basement... And the light on the top is mostly for display?

i like the set up

even the oops part really funny even tho you did touch the right
switch the first time i think it was a bit of a glitch
for the bloopers

that must run quite and electric bill to be running 5 tanks
altho your set up it really cool

AquaCheatah said:
i like the set up

even the oops part really funny even tho you did touch the right
switch the first time i think it was a bit of a glitch
for the bloopers

that must run quite and electric bill to be running 5 tanks
altho your set up it really cool

Haha well the electric bill is approximately 10-20 dollars more a month. I think it's worth it... And I figured out what the glitch was... I just didn't press the button firmly enough...

XoD thats cool tho

idk if i had space like you do i think i wouldve done the same if not
custom make my tanks to some cool design to take up the space you
put in yours

to0 funny on big bubbas tank
"hiding" hes just cam shy thats all

Back
Top Bottom