coolies and mosquitos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fingernonce? Lol that should be a new word.

Ow! My fingernonce itches

Yea i new that they could but mine have never been aggresive exept they would try to eat the babies i originaly had 11 but they ate 3 so i put them in a my other tank and then i put them in my cow troff with some goldfish and bait shiners beaus we were having a problem.with mosquitos and when i got them at the lake i thought they were some type of guppy. Would a dwarf gourami or a couple corys be better with the babies and coolies?

Dwarf gourami are just plain hard to keep alive, and will also eat tiny fish. Most any fish will eat tiny fry. Cories maybe less likely to, simply because they forage more on the bottom but they're quite capable of swimming to the top when they want to. Fry do best kept separate until they are big enough to cope on their own.

Mosquito fish are becoming invasive in many areas.. having been handed out willy nilly to control skeeters in ponds, without considering they can adapt to native waters quite well.

Back
Top Bottom