Cories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crs1945

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What is the Hardiest species of Cory??Found another dying Panda Cory in tank today after a 50% water change and heavy gravel vac. yesterday.Now down to 4 out of original 6.:banghead:

Sorry to hear about the pandas :(

I think Bronze, Albino (Same thing though) and peppered cories are the hardiest

sorry! i know how much people love their cories!!!!! i also agree on bronze and albinos, I've had one of my albinos get half digested by my texas and he is still alive :)

I'm having a little trouble keeping panda's also. They are my favorite cory. I've added a total of 6, all from the same privately owned fs, but every so often I'll lose one. I had 4 left until yesterday and I found one dead during a cleaning. I have no idea what's happening to them. The three that are left are always huddled in the corner. I never see them wiggling around and searching for food anymore.

I know it's not water quality. I vacuum and do pwc's twice a week. I also have 2 rapidly growing baby angels and a Bolivian Ram in the tank with them. Up til now I've been thinking everything was fine, but I've started wondering if the BR is targeting them. This morning I noticed a small nip on one of the panda's tail fin. Of course I never see any aggression, so I don't have any idea who the culprit is. It could be the bossy little angel. I don't know what to do.

Oh yeah, as far as hardy..I've had two emerald greens in one of my 29g's and they've survived cycling and outragious levels of toxins while I've been learning how to do this. I've had them for 7 mths and they seem perfectly fine.

I hate to say it but you .might want to check you water. These guys are super sensitive to ob levels and tempature changes. Do a little research before adding more. Also try posting in sick or injured fish as well

Also if your other fish are harassing them they could be a cause for a great deal of stress

What is the Hardiest species of Cory??Found another dying Panda Cory in tank today after a 50% water change and heavy gravel vac. yesterday.Now down to 4 out of original 6.:banghead:

Bronze Cories are nearly indestructable in my experience. Surprisingly my Julii have proved very resilient also.

I've found my peppered to be very hardy. They hve been through alot with me and have survived!! Also my trilined gav survived fine. I do have the same problems as you with pandas and have lost a fair few :(

maestromad said:
I've found my peppered to be very hardy. They hve been through alot with me and have survived!! Also my trilined gav survived fine. I do have the same problems as you with pandas and have lost a fair few :(

I have also found peppered corys to be hardy, but I have also lost my 2 pandas

Well we are down to 2 out of six! Doing fine one day- gone the next. I think if we get any more Corie's they will be the Bronze Corie's.

Sorry for your losses. I too had trouble with Panda's, and they're the ones I'd most wanted.

I have had no issues with Julii's, Bronze, Peppered or Albino though.

My peppered cory's have been the sole survivors in 2 different 10 gallon tanks of death. No matter what my wife put in those tanks, it always ended up dead within a week. After 6 months of this I finally got rid of the tanks and put the cory's in my larger tank. They are still happy and healthy today.

Back
Top Bottom