Cories Not Eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettafanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got some cory cats last week but they won't take any food. In fact, they don't seem to recognize anything I give them as food. They go right over the sinking tablets and the frozen foods I give them. It seems like they sense that the food is there but can't identify it. Any help?

They may be still adjusting to the tank. It may take as much as a few weeks before they decide to eat. Some fish have to be trained for pellets. They just don't seem to want them. My jack Dempsey is that way. They will figure it out eventually. Just keep with it

I got some cory cats last week but they won't take any food. In fact, they don't seem to recognize anything I give them as food. They go right over the sinking tablets and the frozen foods I give them. It seems like they sense that the food is there but can't identify it. Any help?

Does it look like the tablets or frozen foods are getting broken up? I am far from expert with any fish, but I can share my experience with Cory cats so far. I put in algae wafers for my snails, and my cats eat off them a little too. I've noticed that the cats will shatter the wafers once they're soft enough and scatter the pieces all over the tank. I believe my cats also have been eating the flakes I give my gourami once they reach the filter and are sunk to the bottom. I know people with much more experience than I will want these pieces of info, so I'll just ask so you can tell them. What other fish are in the tank? What kind of pellets and frozen foods are you putting in? How long are you leaving it in?

It's been two weeks now and still no result. I have just platies for now. I feed a long variety of frozen foods: brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, beefheart, bloodworms, and emerald entree. I also feed the hikari sinking wafers for the cories but the platies are obsessed with them too. I usually leave the sinking wafers in for ten minutes. Should I just keep trying for now?

Back
Top Bottom