Correct me if im wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skiweeangel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Once our old man tetra passed I am looking at replacing the void in the tank with a Betta but the flow from our filter is very strong. I have heard people just lay a section of polyfil on top of the output and it dissipates the flow. Is this correct? I don't want to buy the wrong thing.

Yes, that is correct. It seems a lot of people extend the outflow of the filter to actually go beneath the water line. This minimizes flow and noise. Some people actually aim the outflow up so it doesn't create a lot of flow in the bottom of the tank. A buddy of mine did this with his 10g betta tank.

meegosh said:
Yes, that is correct. It seems a lot of people extend the outflow of the filter to actually go beneath the water line. This minimizes flow and noise. Some people actually aim the outflow up so it doesn't create a lot of flow in the bottom of the tank. A buddy of mine did this with his 10g betta tank.

Yep I've done the aiming up method and it doesn't create too much push...

Looking on getting an aqua one 320 for a new betta, don't know what the filter is like there but hopefully it shouldn't be an issue :)

Pics would be nice when you get the betta though :D

You can also use a cylindrical plastic bottle to calm the flow. Cut a piece to fit your filter outflow and affix it under the outflow spout.

All really good ideas thanks! I'll post pictures once I get everything in.

Back
Top Bottom