Corries in a 10g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aspencer

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have 4 endlers, 6 RCS, ...can I put a group of corries in here and how many do I need for them to be happy? The tank is planted and has green algae.

Yes, you can do a group of cories--as long as they're pygmy or another species of dwarf cories that top out at 1 inch or so. You need a group of 4 or more, I'd say no more than 6.

im not sure if you wanted them to help with algae,but you mentioned it in your post so ill say this,they dont eat algae.

I have an Aquaclear 50 and a 30 on the tank. I test water and do a 50% water change every week. Some told me that odd numbers were best...urban myth? I would choose 5 then if they will thrive.

im not sure if you wanted them to help with algae,but you mentioned it in your post so ill say this,they dont eat algae.

ummm....I guess I thought they snack on it...I have shrimp, a Nerite, and misc snails in the tank for the algae...
My motivation is to have a well rounded tank/eco system. I am not particular as to the type of fish, I just like fish...and so do my students. I like how my students come in before class and stand around the tank and watch it.

Back
Top Bottom