Cory being bullied by other cories?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FeldmansFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
One of my cories has its fins all torn up. The only things in the tank are cories. I've ruled out disease as none of the other cories are like this. The victim is the smallest one in the tank btw. I didn't know this could happen! Could I move him to one of my 3 gallon tanks? ( only place I have for him to go!)

One of my cories has its fins all torn up. The only things in the tank are cories. I've ruled out disease as none of the other cories are like this. The victim is the smallest one in the tank btw. I didn't know this could happen! Could I move him to one of my 3 gallon tanks? ( only place I have for him to go!)

He could be the outcast of the group. This can occasionally happen to the runts. I would return him to the lfs ( if you still can ) or move him to that 3 gal. If you move him to the other tank, he may get lonely and get stressed. Maybe you can try to trade him to the lfs or something? Also, if the fin tears are not clean, he can get infections and die.

He's in the 3 gallon now I'm treating the fins. I called the lfs but they said they'll only take him once he's better. He seems a lot less lethargic in this tank he's swimming around more

He's in the 3 gallon now I'm treating the fins. I called the lfs but they said they'll only take him once he's better. He seems a lot less lethargic in this tank he's swimming around more

Ok. That's good. When he has healed, take him back to the store to trade for another Cory or another fish or store credit.
How many gallons is the tank his bros are in?

Just found the little guy dead behind the heater :(

Attachments

• image-3623934736.jpg
    image-3623934736.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 51
Back
Top Bottom