Cory cat feedings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FreshSaltGirl

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello everyone! I'm new to this site, but certainly not new to the world of aquarium-keeping. I keep both salt and freshwater aquariums, with a large variety of fish and corals for about 10 years now. However, I just bought 5 Cory cats (2 julies', 3 pandas') for my 40gal and am a little wary about feedings. I also have a female albino bristlenose pleco who gets along fine with the corys. Currently I feed 2 algae pellets per day for all the "bottom feeders" along with a couple smaller sinking cory pellets. On Sunday, I drop in a slice or two of zucchini which is normally gone the next morning. Is this too much or too little for them?

If they aren't huge algae discs then it sounds pretty good. My cories love the sinking nls pellets, and go nuts for frozen and dried worms. Pretty much only my plecos and SAE eat the vegies. Just keep an eye on what they are eating or leaving behind and adjust feedings accordingly. Cories also love live worms. The blackworms burrow into the substrate and the cories go nuts hunting them down!

Cories are omnivorous, so they need more protein than plecos in their diet. I'd stick to your feeding regimen, but add a few more bottom feeder pellets. Mine seem to really like the API bottom feeder pellets, they are a decent size, 1 for each every other day and they are good to go.

Okay, sounds good! They're not the huge algae disks, rather the half-sized ones that are shaped like a waning moon

I do not have any API pellets, perhaps I should purchase some. Also, I do feed frozen blood worms on occasion and the cories love 'em! I'll definitely try live black worms sometime! Thanks for your help, guys! :)

It doesn't matter what brand of pellets you buy really, so long as they are a reputable brand, and the main ingredients are derived from marine sources.

i feed my cories nls sinking wafers ,bloodworms and also flakes. the flakes you take a bunch between your fingertips and pinch it underwater so that it sticks toghether and place it on the floor. they love it

I feed my corys NLS wafers, Hikari bottom feeder wafers,Repashy community blend and shrimp pellets. Not all at once obviously but I like to change it up for them.

Back
Top Bottom