Cory Catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adammorrill

Aquarium Advice Freak
hello, i just bought 3 cory catfish for my 36 gallon tank. I am planning to get some more corys but i am wondering if i get 3 emerald green corys would they school with the other ones, i think they are spotted cory cats if i remember. Well thanks and btw i have a powder blue gourami and 2 cherry barbs in the tank also:)

Hello! From my understanding cories usually school within their own particular species but some have been known to school with entirely different species. So I guess it's kind of a shot in the dark if you ask me.

so, bruinsbro, you think i should just get 3 more of the ones i already have instead of getting a different 3 like pandas or emerald greens?

I have the 3 big emeralds and 3 small peppered and they school together. It might depend on If they feel like it or not you can try I guess.

haha i like those guys im definately gettin some and do you guys have any other stocking idead here is what i already have and the the things with the * is what i will soon have
Powder blue gourami
2 Cherry Barbs
3 Cory Cats
*3 more Cory cats

i am thinking of adding maybe 3 gold barbs and 2 more cherrys also

Ya you would have no problem having a least 6 of each, actually it's better for them you could also add something else maybe an apisto of some sort look in my profile pics I have a pair of cockatoo's but GBRs also look amazing bu

Back
Top Bottom