Cory Catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lemurstampeed33

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I bought 2 Cory cats for the bottom of my tank, but all they do is swim side to side at the top of my tank. I heard I should by 3 more, than they will hang out at the bottom more. Do you guys think that is correct?

IMO...corys have the greatest personality. I started with one panda cory while my lfs ordered more. It was pretty well miserable!!! Just layed around at the bottom and barely moved,only to eat. Two weeks later I introduced 4 more. Total difference. The were ever where,even though the "lone ranger" was still a little shy the first couple of days,they would swim around him and coax him to joining them. They are all over the tank now....up,down, side to side..... at the top, in the middle, around the bottom. They do strictly eat off the bottom.......

Thanks for the help! Do they swim together? Also where do they spend the most time around the tank?

Yes. They do mostly swim together but will break off from one another at times. They tend to rest and look for food at the bottom but are really all over the place,two might be at the top while two are going up and down while one is looking for food then they will all the sudden school together and be everywhere....

SWEET, I CANT WAIT TO GET THREE MORE!!!!!!!!! Would you say they are hardy and fun to keep?

How big is your tank? Cories do do better in groups but that shouldn't be a reason to overstock

They are very fun ,yes. Favorite fish of my 5yo. We got our tank with one and as soon as we added a company for him thing are way more interesting .
Not sure how hardy they are though.

They are generally pretty hardy. At least the bronze, green, peppered, and albino ones are. I've hard that pandas can be sensitive though

Back
Top Bottom