Cory catfish question..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nonserviamgr

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have 2 Bronze Cory and 1 Peppered and they seem fine... I am thinking of getting either 2 pandas and 1 peppered so that i have 2 of each or getting 2 bronze and 3 peppered to have 4 of those 2 species.. What would be best? Will it be fine to mix species so maybe that i mix 3 of each or smthin like that?

Most cory's like to be in groups of 4 or more. Some intermingle just fine. I don't think you'll have any problems. I've got 3 peppered and they're just fine.

I'd get the 2 bronze and 3 peppered just to look better. I don't know if there's any rhyme or reason as to which species will intermingle or not, but I've got two Julii cories in my 55, and they pretty much stay to themselves. They ignore the other cories almost entirely. The green and bronze cories stay fairly close though.

I have two peppered, one emerald green, and one albino. The emerald green is always around the peppereds, but the albino seems to do his own thing. All of them are doing fine though. I think it's okay to intermingle cory species.

I think it is hit or miss with cories mixing. My albinos and peppered cories always stayed away from each other. When I added more peppered ones the existing peppered cories formed a school but the albinos would never do that.

I think I'd lean towards at least three of each species, but I've never heard of any problems mixing species. My brother has one or two corys from each of 4-5 species in his tank and they get along just fine.

I got ,peppereds,greens,pygmy's and bronze corydoras all in a school of 23 right now. Its downright homelike to them because it doesnt matter which female starts to spawn ANY corydora in any coloration is chasing her around the tank waiting for egg depositing.

I think 2-3 of each is good but as mentioned these guys are the most peaceful group of fish you could ever find. I'd love to add some more to my tank (I only have 1 from my original stocking right after I joined AA) once I reduce the number of platy/guppy, but I've been burned with Ich twice now with new additions. Even with a QT step I just cringe at the thought of another bout slipping into the tank.

welcome to AA i keep my cat's in 3's and 4 thay like to be in groups

Back
Top Bottom