Cory cats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tarpon

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey, I have a gravel substrate and it seems to be relatively smooth. Would cory cats do okay in my tank with that gravel?

tarpon said:
Hey, I have a gravel substrate and it seems to be relatively smooth. Would cory cats do okay in my tank with that gravel?

As long as the pebbles are round and not jagged or sharp points.

Some of em might be kinda jagged. I think it'll be okay. I can feed em those sinking shrimp pellets? ?

I have seen some pretty crappy gravel that I think is too sharp and jagged for cories, but IME, anything reasonably smooth they will be fine on. I've never had a cory with a barbel injury from gravel. I feed mine Hikari sinking wafers as staple, and shrimp pellets occasionally. They also go crazy for frozen foods. I keep a few species of them but I've never seen any of them go near zucchini or other veggies I add to the tank regularly.

I have a small herd of cories and they do fine on gravel. Like siva, I have never had any barbel injuries. Mine LOVE sinking shrimp pellets.

I was reading a thing that said to keep the ph slightly below 7 for cory cats. My Ph is like 7.6 will they be able to adjust?

I agree I have several species of cories in tanks ranging from 7.2 - 7.6 and they do great :)

Back
Top Bottom