Cory cats in deep aquariums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corey

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 6 little dwarf cories (< inch full grown) in my 20g high at the moment who seem to be doing fine. I am moving all my fish into a 45g soon, which is 24" high, which for a 1" bottom dweller, is pretty deep. They almost seem to have trouble getting to the surface in my 20g, but they might just be lazy.

I have read that Cories get nervous in deep tanks - is this true? If so, will my dwarf cories be alright in the new tank, or should I think about donating them?
Any input is appreciated,
Thanks!

Corey said:
I have 6 little dwarf cories (< inch full grown) in my 20g high at the moment who seem to be doing fine. I am moving all my fish into a 45g soon, which is 24" high, which for a 1" bottom dweller, is pretty deep. They almost seem to have trouble getting to the surface in my 20g, but they might just be lazy.

I have read that Cories get nervous in deep tanks - is this true? If so, will my dwarf cories be alright in the new tank, or should I think about donating them?
Any input is appreciated,
Thanks!

They should be fine. 2 feet isn't taller than what they are in in the wild ;)

Back
Top Bottom