cory help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

animalzrok2

Aquarium Advice FINatic
feeding my fish today and i noticed my albino cory catfish looking a little different. its belly is a little fatter and its kind of square, is she sick, pregnant or normal.... Please help!

If she's eating and acting normally, I'd go with pregnant...unless she's the only cory in there. Then she could just have it adult growth--female corys are bigger than males.

ok great. she has been eating and acted normal. anyone know what i should do if she is pregnant???

If she's spawning, she'll do it whatever you do. Keep an eye for eggs on the glass and on plants. If you want to save them for cory babies, set up a small tank or bucket with a sponge filter, dose it with methelyne blue to prevent fungus, then using an old credit card or something similar, gently scrape the eggs off the glass into a small cup of water, transport it to the holding tank, and tranfer the eggs to the water in it--don't expose them to air. Then wait.

Otherwise, leave it be--some may or may not hatch, some babies may make it. My Peppered Corys have spawned three times and so far, I don't think any eggs have survived the snails or corys.

However, all this is contingent on there being other corys of her species--if not, I doubt she's ready to spawn.

Eh...gravid, pregnant--close enough :lol:

Back
Top Bottom