Cory help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sidgolding

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am looking for a clean up crew in my 15 gallon bit don't want loads but I really want cory's!!! Can I have just 2 or do I need more? If so what can I have instead that are just as cool as cory's. I need a substrate cleaner that isn't a shrimp lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Cool thanks. Bit worried about snails as I don't want to get over run

Just get corys. I recently got some and there great. Just make sure other fish dont bother them and your gravel is smooth enough not to damges there barbels

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I got sand substrate so that's not a problem. And there is Molly's, black skirt tetra's and silver tip tetra's in there at the moment so everything will be all good

Yeah sounds good mate. I'd recommend getting at least 4. I've actually heard of them stressing and dying if there not in a pack. Some people say they haf success with just two. But more the better :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nah, Nerite snails need a male and a female to reproduce, and it's impossible for them to lay eggs in freshwater.

Nah, Nerite snails need a male and a female to reproduce, and it's impossible for them to lay eggs in freshwater.

Actually, they can't lay viable eggs in fresh water. Mine have laid dud eggs all over my aquarium!!!

My advice is to look for some pygmy cories. You could get six and not over-run your tank. Keep in mind they won't eat everything off the bottom, you'll still have to do some cleaning during water changes.

Yeah, I have about 8 shrimp, a chinese Algae Eater, 2 Kuhlii Loaches, 2 BN Plecos, and a cory catfish and my substrate still gets dirty. Mostly because fish don't like eating buried fish excrement lol

Yeah, I have about 8 shrimp, a chinese Algae Eater, 2 Kuhlii Loaches, 2 BN Plecos, and a cory catfish and my substrate still gets dirty. Mostly because fish don't like eating buried fish excrement lol

Lol would you?? I am getting a shrimp or 2 to wiz threw the sand and I will defo have a look for cory's

Actually, they can't lay viable eggs in fresh water. Mine have laid dud eggs all over my aquarium!!!

My advice is to look for some pygmy cories. You could get six and not over-run your tank. Keep in mind they won't eat everything off the bottom, you'll still have to do some cleaning during water changes.

Pygmy cory's are pretty rare here is the uk and they are about £15-£20 a fish lol, and when I can get others i will have to until I land my new job lol. Then I'm going to go nuts!!!

Back
Top Bottom