Cory id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm almost positive the first is a spotted cory, but in not sure about the second.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Honestly, I'm not even sure that second ones a cory... It may be but if so it's a type I haven't seen or heard of. Does anyone else know what the second is?

Second looks like a nanus cory

Second looks like a nanus cory

Awesome! After looking that cory up, I have to agree with you, thanks for that, I've never seen them before at the stores I visit!

I would post pics on Planet Catfish to get better IDs if no one here can get more exact. Common names are terrible. You need Latin names to be exact.

And when possible get your Cories in groups of same species. Better for them.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I vote C. melanistus on the first. It has like a dozen common names including black sail cory and spotted cory.
For the second, it is hard to say without seeing the head, but my guess is C. elegans based on the pattern and the dorsal fin color. Elegans have some pattern variation, especially in older ones, but the colors, shape, and fins all seem right for one. Maybe C. Napoensis as my back-up guess.

Back
Top Bottom