Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-11-2005, 10:04 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to krap101
cory lights??

are there any lights that you can put on and have corys out while the light is still on?

Old 04-11-2005, 10:12 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

So from this I read your cories hide all the time and you'd like to see more of them?
You could try some blue leds as moonlights. I know allot sw people do this and some fw people as well. I would think that maybe then you could watch your cories at night. Maybe
Other then that, I don't know if light really is that much of an issue for them to come out. If you think you have allot of light, maybe get more plants? They will no doubt grow, and it will shade the bottom of your tank. Unless offcourse you are also keeping fish who will uproot the plants
And maybe your cories are hiding from other fish? Any agressive fish that you can think of?

Old 04-11-2005, 01:47 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

You can rig up some moon lights, and if you lookin the DIY forum there are instructions there.

I have noticed with my cory cats that when there are only 2 or 3 of them they hide, and when the group is larger they come out during the day and cruise around where I can see them. If your group is small and you have the space I'd consider adding to them, unless you just want to observe nocturnal behavior, then ignore this paragraph.
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 05:04 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

i have 2 cory's...they seem to be out all day playing and such.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:38 PM   #5
RoK
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to RoK Send a message via MSN to RoK
I have 3 and they are always swimming around everywhere even with the light on.
It could be there's a fish harassing them, as Billsgate mentioned. What are the other fish and is the light really bright?
Current fish (includes all 3 running tanks): Polypterids, severums (of which I raised from eggs), gouramis, plecos (gold spot ones & a gurupa), loaches (zebras, yoyos, & a kubotai), macculocchi spotted silver dollars, an African butterfly fish, & Ctenopomas (a leopard & an ansorgii)
RoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 05:40 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have 4 now, (I know I need to update my sig) and I noticed the older they get, the less active they become. The little babies are out all the time, the middle one is out now and again, and the old one stays in his hiding spot all day and only comes out at feeding time. I am hoping once the babies get bigger they will hang out together more.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:18 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to krap101
well the only fish in there thats suppose to be agressive is my gourami... but its not agressive at all. it might just be its not agressive towards the fish i have in the tank, its a female, or jst a peaceful gourami

Tags
cory, light, lights

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com