Cory owners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bkiggy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello! I have a 40 gallon with pictus cat, USD cat, and albino Cory, and Elephant nose.
I want more Cory's. the albino is very active and is friends with pictus. - which Cory's should I get and how many?
- also getting midwater schooling fish. (I have too many bottom feeders)
- thinking about Otos too for algae

School

Not to hijack ythis thread but is you have more than one to the have to be the same to school together?In other words would they all have to be Leopard cories or could they be a mixed school?

There are so many out there... Which ones tend be hardy? Julii, panda, skunk, albino, ??????
My albino now is awesome and very active, would it accept another albino as a friend, can u tell M vs F

I would say get a few more albino corys or even a few bronze corys. Unless you are trying to breed the albino ones they are the same species. I would also get more than 1 more since they like groups. And as for sexing, females tend to have a much rounder body than the males. Where the males tend to have a taller dorsal fin than the females. Good luck I love corys

I've got 3 albino cory's and 6 sterbai and they all seem quite happy with each other.
Have a look at (apologies if this isn't allowed!) http://www.planetcatfish.com/
Go on the cat-e-log and you can search by your water parameters to find some suitable tank mates

i have 4 emerald corries and they are really neat in the light. they all follow eachother around constantly, except the one tends to seperate from the pack most of the time and go on his own. pretty odd.

Peppered corys are my favorite. Their always active. I have 3 sterbai and 5 peppered corys in my 29. I believe you need to up the numbers on your albinos. I dont know if you can go wrong with any corys? All corys ive seen are active and peaceful with other corys. But IME sterbai are more timid and my peppered dont care.

I love variety in my tanks, so I would suggest some peppered and julii, maybe a couple emerald. they're just such active and peaceful fish, it's nearly impossible for me to not buy a new one each time I see them

Awesome !!!! I just switched to a new filter and it is going through cycle again {painful}. But when that is done ill see what's out there and get more.
Also want Otos for algae.
-I did reuse old media so maybe it will cycle faster

bkiggy said:
Awesome !!!! I just switched to a new filter and it is going through cycle again {painful}. But when that is done ill see what's out there and get more.
Also want Otos for algae.
-I did reuse old media so maybe it will cycle faster

Seeded media should speed things up. I sparked a mini cycle when I changed from gravel to sand so carried out 50% pwc, added tetra safestart and less than 2 days later my levels appear to be pretty much back to normal.

Back
Top Bottom