Cory question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Corydoras Question

Hello pck...

Corys are happiest in a group. The group can be made up of different species, because they're all peaceful fish.

I've always kept at least three in all my tanks. Never had a single before, but I would advise against it.

If you have just one in a tank, it will be happier with two or more buddies. Albino Corys are easy to get and very inexpensive, you could add a couple of them to your single.

B

No, they are schooling / schoaling fish.

They prefer their own species or at least complex as well. 3 per species is the min that I would recommend and 6 is a better starting point.

Well I have five serpae tetra and I dont think I'll have enough room for six so I'll go with three albinos maybe. Since they're the cheapest.

That depends on the tank size. If you are still refering to the 10g tank, I wouldn't recommend albinos. They reach 3 inches.
I agree that none want to be alone. I have kept them alone in qt and they get pretty listless. Personally, I recommend at least 4 of most species. But, thats just me.

Look into pygmaeous, hastatus, habrosus, or pandas for smaller cories. They are not cheap though. :(

Paleatus and aeneus are usually a bit cheaper than the albinos (aeneus), but they also get to a bulky 3" if they live well and long enough.

ok soo forget the catfish. i guess i could get some more ghost shrimp. i liked those. do you think i could get like 1 or two mollies or platys too? trying to explore my options here haha cuz i really like mollies.

I had gotten three albino corys when I got my tank, but in the end one passed away. =( So I have my two, and they are super happy and healthy! I wish I did have more, but they actually paired up before the third had died, so I don't want to add more and change things up! lol

As long as it won't over stock your tank. I would get some more, if not see if your lfs will take it back

Back
Top Bottom