Cory question and Greetings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smjmcomic

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello friends :)

I just found this site on google from what I see this seems to be the place to be if your into fish and that I am. I'm new to fish and I'm eagar to lean all I can. I'v had my tank for about 3 months now and I'm hooked

I have a question, yesterday I pick up a "Lazer Cory" Its a small grean catfish with 2 neon Yellow stripes on his back. I paid 20 bucks for him so I figure if I'm going to spend that much on a fish I should at least do my research. I can't seem to find any info on them.

Has anyone ever heard of a Lazer Cory? Is there anything I should know about them?

Thanks in advanced, Shawn

Hrafnkel said:
Sounds like it might be artificial coloration. $20 for a cory is absurd, in my opinion.

$20 is a bit highish for a laser, but $12-$20 is pretty typical.

As far as uncommon species/colours/locales are concerned, serious Cory hobbyists often spend $25-$50 per fish.....especially for large, mature specimens.

Wow... I don't guess I realized cories came with that much variation. What with odd coloring and the "laser" name, I just assumed it might be akin to "bubblegum cichlids" or "mixed-fruit tetras." My mistake.

I found that it is this little guy Corydoras cf. aeneus. Welcome to AA and good luck with him. I hatre to say this with the money you spent on him, but they like to be kept in groups.

Thanks guys

I have an assortment of corys he seems content with his tank mates.

Whoa I giuess I did pay too much oh well I live in So.Cal nothings cheap :?

i love corydoras, but a tankful of corys would seem like it would look empty? without extra fish to fill the mid and top levels.

AshleyNicole said:
i love corydoras, but a tankful of corys would seem like it would look empty? without extra fish to fill the mid and top levels.

It could, but imagine this....tank (20-500 gallons), black background, black gravel, a few light green plants....large school of albino corys (number depends on tank gallonage), and a large school of cardinal tetras....the effect is stunning.

Back
Top Bottom