Cory worries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishlover5297

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have just noticed that one of my albino cories has a red line on it's back near it's tail fin and was wondering if I should be worried/should do anything about it? It is very thin and I'm not sure if it has cut itself whilst swimming around like a nutter as usual I will try to get a picture but it keeps swimming away. Any advice would be greatly comforting right now

I have a few but you can't really see the cut clearly or at all it is only small and is along the line of one of it's scales so I'm not sure what it could be from

I'll say wait... Melafix can help for this.. But I'll wait before doing anything. Your other fishs look healty?

I would add 1 teaspoon aquarium salt per 5 gallons, it wont hurt and promote slime coating of your fishs. (Not the iodized salt)

I have a disease clear medicine that does that should I use some of it or not? And I have 2 cories and one is normal whilst the one with the cut seems to be darting about everywhere and all my other fish seem to be fine

Just do some extra water changes until it heals. This typically can help lower the risk of infection. Clean water is great for stimulating wound healing in fish... I wouldn't personally recommend adding salt or any products unless you really need to.

I've been looking all morning and is cannot find my injured Cory anywhere I think he could be in my cave that I have for my plecos so don't want to disturb it any suggestions for what I should do?

He doesn't usually go in there, he usually hangs around the front to play with the other fish and he usually sleeps on the gravel

Seems fine now there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with him guess I overreacted a little

Back
Top Bottom