Corydora ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galligak

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was at petland and saw these in an assorted corydoras tank. I was wondering what these were...

Attachments

• image-1185800503.jpg
    image-1185800503.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 159
I have two in my tank. They run around together pretty good. I dont know what they are called either.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110714_212739.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110714_212739.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 127
  • ForumRunner_20110714_212752.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110714_212752.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 116
Aww yours are soo cute! I have a 55 gallon that in going to put a rainbow shark in, would it be okay if I put 5 of these in it with the shark?

AquaKai said:
Aww yours are soo cute! I have a 55 gallon that in going to put a rainbow shark in, would it be okay if I put 5 of these in it with the shark?

Ive had a few rainbow sharks. And they never messed with the corys. One fought with my syndontis e. catfish(featherfin). Had to seperate them...it always looked like a side ways pushing match.
I dont think ive ever had problems with corys and anything that wasnt a carnavore. My bro n law has them with needle nose gar and they havent tried any of his either.
Those corys seem to be a smaller cory than ive had in the past. Maybe its just mine but i like it. I would recomend them. You will enjoy them over the green corys and such.

thedannyd said:
Ive had a few rainbow sharks. And they never messed with the corys. One fought with my syndontis e. catfish(featherfin). Had to seperate them...it always looked like a side ways pushing match.
I dont think ive ever had problems with corys and anything that wasnt a carnavore. My bro n law has them with needle nose gar and they havent tried any of his either.
Those corys seem to be a smaller cory than ive had in the past. Maybe its just mine but i like it. I would recomend them. You will enjoy them over the green corys and such.

Cool! Thanks a bunch! I will defiantly be getting some for my tank then!

I have two in my tank. They run around together pretty good. I dont know what they are called either.

What size tank do you have? Corydoras seem to really come out to play when kept in slightly larger groups, say 5 or 6. If you can, you may want to look at adding a few more julii's - it looks like you have a pretty good looking aquarium base for them to all play in :)

And AquaKai - hope you like them when you get them in your tank!

fouldsy said:
What size tank do you have? Corydoras seem to really come out to play when kept in slightly larger groups, say 5 or 6. If you can, you may want to look at adding a few more julii's - it looks like you have a pretty good looking aquarium base for them to all play in :)

I have a 55 gallon tank that is yet to have anything occur with it:). So it will be a while but I hope to have everything sorta planed out and these are on the top of my list right after rainbow shark! They're so cute!

Cool. I've just finished stocking a 55g, and the julli's were top of my shopping list :) You have any other ideas on fish yet?

Yes those are actually three lined cories, or false julii. They are what most of us who have julii's have. True julii's are hard to find. I've only seen them for sale once. IMO the three lined are more attractive.

I keep 6 of these cories with a full grown rainbow shark with zero problems.

fouldsy said:
Cool. I've just finished stocking a 55g, and the julli's were top of my shopping list :) You have any other ideas on fish yet?

Well obviously the false juliis, and a rainbow shark, I would love like 12 tiger barbs, and 10 harlequin danios! I think that makes my tank full:)

siva said:
Yes those are actually three lined cories, or false julii. They are what most of us who have julii's have. True julii's are hard to find. I've only seen them for sale once. IMO the three lined are more attractive.

That's good to hear, and thanks for the "false" catch! I like the pattern on them as well!

fouldsy said:

I have a 75gal...check my threads for some pics. I have a ton of maylasian trumpet snails...thats been the only thing keepin me from adding more. They keep the gravel pretty well clean. But if I see these 'julli's i will definitly buy more. Im some two plus hours from my ma+pa LFS (Eds Pet World, Mitchell S.D.)and they dont carry much. But they do find nice fish.

thedannyd said:
I have a 75gal...check my threads for some pics. I have a ton of maylasian trumpet snails...thats been the only thing keepin me from adding more. They keep the gravel pretty well clean. But if I see these 'julli's i will definitly buy more. Im some two plus hours from my ma+pa LFS (Eds Pet World, Mitchell S.D.)and they dont carry much. But they do find nice fish.

Wow your tank looks amazing! I love the dw and your aquascaping!

siva said:

Well...mine must of been the false ones too. I think I paid $2.45each

Back
Top Bottom