Corydora ID.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Taiken5968

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Would like to know what kind of corydora this is. I would also like to know what types if any would be sour able for a 10 gallon.

Attachments

• image-4067304711.jpg
    image-4067304711.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 109
Thanks. I have read that they can be kept in a 10 gallon, but I kinda want a second opinion. I originally bought one with intent to buy more, but I really don't want to overcrowd my 30g.

Thanks. I have read that they can be kept in a 10 gallon, but I kinda want a second opinion. I originally bought one with intent to buy more, but I really don't want to overcrowd my 30g.
Since they should be kept in groups of 6 or more ,a 10g is too small for a group. I'd say a 20Long at least for floor space. IME the only Cories suitable for long term living in a 10g are the Pygmy species that stay about an inch C habrosus C hastatus C pygmaeus Not as common, but super cute. Big C aeneus ( Bronze Cory )females hit 3". They love soft sand to dig in and planted tanks.

My club member breeds Cories. C aeneus can hit 20 yrs with good care. A 10g would tend to stunt their growth and shorten lifespan. IMHO

Since they should be kept in groups of 6 or more ,a 10g is too small for a group. I'd say a 20Long at least for floor space. IME the only Cories suitable for long term living in a 10g are the Pygmy species that stay about an inch C habrosus C hastatus C pygmaeus Not as common, but super cute. Big C aeneus ( Bronze Cory )females hit 3". They love soft sand to dig in and planted tanks. My club member breeds Cories. C aeneus can hit 20 yrs with good care. A 10g would tend to stunt their growth and shorten lifespan. IMHO

Wow 20 yrs ,, that's amazing for such a small fish .. I have 5 bronze in one of my tanks and 5 peppered in an other :) super fun fish :)

I figured the 10 would be too small. I have the 30g but I don't want to put anything else in it just now. I'll get it some friends when I set up the 60g I have.

Thanks for the information.

Hello Tai...

I keep Bronze and Emerald Corydoras and they're two of the larger species. My females are close to 3 inches long and these shouldn't be kept in a small tank. I keep mine in a 55, because of their size and they like several of their own kind in the tank.

Corydoras are foragers and need fairly large areas to roam around. Longer, larger tanks are definitely best for Corys.

You may be able to get by with a very small species like Pygmies, Pandas or Orange Saddles in a smaller tank, but the larger species need more room.

B

Back
Top Bottom