Corydoras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

soupcan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
awhile back I had a school of nine panda corys in my 29 gallon and all but 3 died. I don't recall any obvious signs of sickness...they just died one by one. Im wondering if it had to do with oxygen levels? it was a well established planted tank but it didn't have an airstone. Id like to try again but I want to know what went wrong first...
thanks!

were you testing for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrates during this time?

what type of filter are you using, any filter that agitates the surface will create enough oxygen as will the plants

I did test after all was said and done and everything came back normal...ammonia and nitrites were at 0 and nitrates were under 20...I was running an aquaclear 70 so there was plenty of surface agitation.

If your worried about o2 level therea two options to find out how much you have. One is get a co2 indicator which will tell you if there is alot of co2 in the tank. Two, messure the kh and your ph becuase there is a direct relation between them that will tell you how much co2 is in your tank. Here is a chart

CO2_Graph.jpg

Back
Top Bottom