Corydoras and feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheFragile

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all, I have a 20 gallon with 5 corydoras as well as all all of their tank mates (5 glo skirt tetras and 7 neon tetras). I feed them tiny amounts of flakes along with a few sinking pellets for the cat fish.

I have read many contradicting things about corydoras and feeding. I have some considerable algae growth in my tank that I keep at bay as best I can with water changes and cleaning, but with that as well as any food that the tetras don't grab, do they get enough food on their own or are the extra sinking pellets necessary?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I would say to keep doing what you're doing. You can get algae wafers and throw in one or two every few days, they love them. There are larger sinking pellets you can get that will be too big for the other fish and the cory's should have no problem with those.

Mine loved Hikari sinking wafers.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks, I just want to make sure I'm not over feeding, since I do have algae. My last tank was a 6.5 gallon and I never had an algae problem. Not sure what's causing it:

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

IME cories don't eat algae, but will nibble at algae wafers.

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Corys are protein eaters and need meaty foods. Hikari sinking wafers are great as was mentioned, New Era makes Tropical Grazers and they like them too. I also feed mine a variety of frozen such as bloodworms, brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, daphnia etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom