Corys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have Panda, Bronze, Julii & Peppered Cory. In my experience they all tend to hang out together but tend to play or go exploring with their own species. The only exception to this I have found is the Panda's which tend to hang around with the Bronze Cories but I'd out that down to the small number of them and low time they've spent in the tank.

In short if you want the sight of a shoal of cories playing together I'd recommend 6+ of the same species, if you're just making sure they won't get stressed/lonely a mix'n'match would be fine from my experience.

I have panda corys. For the most part they shoal especially when forging for food. Its funny to watch them run into each other :)

I have the 3 species in my signature line. The pygmys are the only corys I've seen so far that will not shoal with other cory species, probably due to the size difference.

Hello! I have similar experiences as the other posters. I have trilined/peppered/pandas and they do all chase each other around and play but like to stick to their own species too. Good luck and I'm sure you'll love them! They are fab fish

Back
Top Bottom