Corys and heat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Masha

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Somebody should market a special "white spot heater" that slowly heats your tank up to the correct temperature over the right period of time, and keeps it there for the programmed number of days. If you are not spending the day at home so you can keep an eye on things, doing the heat-treatment for ich is kind of stressful.

I started a thread on this in the "unhealthy fish" forum but I'm not getting any replies there -

I'm treating an outbreak of whitespot in recently-bought fish in my quarantine tank. I'm rasing the temperature, dosing with paragard, and doing water-changes once a day.

Does anyone have experience with raising the tank temperatures with peppered corys and black widow tetras? So far mine seem fine, but I know these fish usually like cooler temperatures so it freaks me out a bit.

I'm sorry, not specifically with these fish. I have had the tank go up to 34C (93F) over summer, probably for a solid week while away. They were all fine when I got back, including neon tetras and b/n catfish.

Thanks, Delapool. Was that because of hot weather?

My quarantine tank is now at 32 and everything seems fine. Apparently that temp kills the parasite so I hope I can keep it there for a few days

Thanks, Delapool. Was that because of hot weather?

My quarantine tank is now at 32 and everything seems fine. Apparently that temp kills the parasite so I hope I can keep it there for a few days

Good luck with it. Hope everything goes well. It was a spell of hot weather. Great at the beach! I normally have the tank temp saying 23c and lately it has gone to 26 with summer. From memory I suspect it went about 6 days at high temps. They were all active and looked normal.

Back
Top Bottom