Corys question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, mine went NUTS for bloodworms too, made them extra crazy. :D I think that's why everyone likes them, they have so much personality.

Can i get bloodworms at my LFS? It's petsmart/petco... But I've never really looked...

Yeah, usually they'll be frozen and in the freezer by the fish section. I use frozen ones with all my fish. I have to thaw them first for the Oscar Fish though because he swallows the cube whole.

Yeah mine love the bloodworm. I was watching them last nite, going around the sand and every bit they found they would stop for a second to eat it. It was cute to watch. To break the frozen cubes of food up i just put my hand in the water and swish it about a bit then it breaks up.
Oh and as for breaking up the algae wafers i did that and my pleco just went round and eat each bit lol but my corys loved the bloodworm more :)

Thanks, I just checked online and they have some freeze dried ones! I'll look into getting some for my two peppers.

I got a cory today, a bronze cory was just wondering what to feed it too as mines has seemed to stay on the bottom and I also have 4 buenos aires tetra, 3 scissortails and 3 platies which go nuts and eat all the food before it gets to the bottom I think or will enough bits fall to the bottom for it to eat as I noticed it does seem to pick away at the bottom like there could be little bits there.

Freeze dried ones will float for too long, and probably just get stuck to the glass above the water line. If you want the catfish to get them, you need frozen or live because they will sink.

I used to feed mine with sinking catfish pellets, but my tetras used to eat them whole :/ so now I feed them with sinking wafers. The tetras still mob the wafers, but they break it up and spread it across the gravel in doing so, meaning that the corys can pick away at the gravel afterwards :)

Back
Top Bottom