Corys, side by side comparison.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jetajockey

come get me tang police!
Snapped a quick pic while I was moving some corys around, these are all adult size corys, from left to right- Corydoras Schultzei (Black), Peppered Corydoras, Panda Cory.

The peppered is a large female, the panda is an adult size male, and the schultzei is a large female. Schultzei cory and Bronze (aeneus) cory are very similarly sized, I've read that they are closely related and may interbreed but I haven't researched that any further.

This is a good reference to the adult size comparison of these fish.

img_1507407_0_7eaae2a950fcbc388d3ab01f7bb08344.jpg

^ It's going as a size reference for those who haven't seen how much bigger or smaller some cories are.

Too bad you don't have any brochis cories to show... those things are monsterous.. I have 4

One of our members has been breeding pandas for years. His fish always bring a high auction price at monthly club meetings, often more than what the stores charge.
As for size reference, it is perhaps more important to show the difference between a male and female paleatus (peppered).
Brochis do get large, up to 6" from some reports. Ian Fuller questioned these reports, when he was here doing a presentation last year.

Wow jet thanks. I didn't realize how big some of them got.

corydoras are the cutest fish in the hobby !!! :smitten:

I didn't know they could interbreed.

Great pic! Like the size comparison, very helpful!

Quick question though...is the biggest cory in the picture roughly the same size as brochis or smaller than it? I have brochis splendens yet they stay roughly around two or three inches...the maximum size is five inches???

Back
Top Bottom