Couple of questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scouser

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm interested in bottom dwellers for my tank.

I have the Pets At Home fine grain gravel, I would call it sharp but then again I'm not too experienced.

The size of each grain is roughly 2mm, (shaped kinda like those Dungeons and Dragons dice lol)

So I was wondering if anyone has got experience with this gravel and bottom scooters lol :)

Any help will be appreciated :thanks:

oh ok, how big is the tank, ive seen ppl keeping cory cats in that kind of sand aswell as some khuli loaches but their wiskers (barbells) will get damaged they need really fine substrate

abrahamavelar said:
oh ok, how big is the tank, ive seen ppl keeping cory cats in that kind of sand aswell as some khuli loaches but their wiskers (barbells) will get damaged they need really fine substrate

It's a 17 gallon tank.

About;

2' long
1.5' deep

IMO that gravel doesn't look very sharp. I think they'd be fine, another picture wouldn't hurt if you wanna be safe :)

I wouldn't really call that sharp compared to flourite or other plant substrates. I think you would be ok with adding a small school

Fishkeeper26 said:
I wouldn't really call that sharp compared to flourite or other plant substrates. I think you would be ok with adding a small school

Awesome :)

But I'm gonna be adding tetra to bring the schools to at least 6

Would that put me at the stock limit without the Cory's?

Back
Top Bottom