Couple questions....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yellow Eye Tang

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, I just bought a German Blue Ram and he is awesome. I'm wondering what kind of environment he will want the most. Do they need another to keep them going / growing correctly. I just bought one yesterday and would like to make sure he has everything he needs. The fish are all doing great but my cloudy water situation is still going. I've had a bacterial bloom for about 4 weeks and am wondering if the water changes are prolonging it. Also,.. does placing new plants into the water cause a change in water chemestry the way adding fish does? Thanks :)

Adding plants should do nothing but help water chemistry since they utilize nitrogen compounds. Water changes shouldn't prolong cloudy water, they'll just ensure good conditions for your fish. Are you certain it's bacterial and not algal? The ram will be fine alone and will appreciate hiding spots, dense plants, etc. It sounds like you're on the right track with him. :)

Awesome! Thanks HN1! Yes im sure it is bacterial - I held the water to a white background (like I had read) and the water is clear.

Back
Top Bottom