Couple questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ph1l0z0ph3r

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've been trying to find a specific light bulb for my aquarium but I've been having bad luck. When I initially got my tank it came with a light that mode the tank glow a purple color and it complimented the tank very well considering the fish and gravel it had.
2prtspl.jpg

Problem is the light bulb ran out within 2-3 weeks and I have been having problems finding the same light bulb. The latest one I bought is the exact same light bulb ( Full Spectrum T5 120V 8W) but this one glows Blue. Any reason why this is happening or how I can find that light bulb.
29qk0zp.jpg

Second problem
I've had a fungus or algae problem not sure which one yet too be honest. I've cleaned the tank twice and it keeps coming back not really sure what it is. My sister and husband bought me an algae eater but from what I've seen he doesn't seem too interested. Also seems like my other fish have staying towards the top of the tank since it started coming in.
izcp5h.jpg

Look online for the light bulb! If you can't find it, then find a clear light bulb and find the same color you want your tank to be. Then put the paint in a cup that will fit the bulb add a bit of water to the paint mix it then dip the bulb in it real quick. Let it dry. Put it in tank. Presto!! New light bulb!

Back
Top Bottom