Crab, snail and pleco question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carlitouus

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi I'm trying to get some for this tank I put in my room. After thinking about what fishes I should put together in the other tanks and everything, I put a 35G tank in my bedroom(too big but I really wanted a firemouth).Anyway, I will be trying to breed firemouths, but I was wondering if it'd be too dangerous to have a crab with 2 zebra snails and a pleco in there... Is it? Will they eat the eggs?

The fish I'm putting is a firemouth or a Salvini... my coworker told me about his fish breeding... he's a firemouth with a Salvini that are pairing off(can't wait to see the babies!!) and I'm trying to do the same thing now. I know Salvinis and Firemouths are aggressive while breeding and will know how to protect the eggs, but will they be able to get the crab and the snails and the pleco away from the eggs? Report and start a debate if possible, LOL

Thanks

the pleco will most likely eat the eggs,the crab is most likely semi terrestrial and brckish,but the snails should be fine

Breeding tanks shouldn't have other fish. You are planning to crossbreed fish on purpose ???

Why not breed 2 Firemouths ??? Lovely fish.

Mutt Cichlids fry ?? Who will buy them ?

Sorry, off my soapbox.

**unsubscribe**

Well I am thinking about it, if not I want I will try just firemouths...

No fish will be in there except for the firemouth and salvini or two firemouths... the crab and snail was just so the tank would look awesome(zebra snails are just too cute) but If I can't I will have to remove them... =/

Breeding tanks shouldn't have other fish. You are planning to crossbreed fish on purpose ???

Why not breed 2 Firemouths ??? Lovely fish.

Mutt Cichlids fry ?? Who will buy them ?

Sorry, off my soapbox.

**unsubscribe**

yeah, well I am trying to get as much info as possible, if not I will try firemouths as I just love them ...

Yeah definitely can't have the crab in there, unless they are panther crabs. Crabs would eat eggs anyway.

Yeah definitely can't have the crab in there, unless they are panther crabs. Crabs would eat eggs anyway.

Funny you said that, my crab looks like a panther crab... I will take a picture tomorrow and try to should it to you, if you don't mind? thanks and why are panther crabs not going to eat the eggs?

Yes, please do. Panther crabs are pretty dang cool. I was skeptical at first that they were actually fully aquatic freshwater crabs, but it seems they really are.

No I said they would eat the eggs. Crabs are scavengers and will eat anything and everything they can get their pincers on.

Yes, please do. Panther crabs are pretty dang cool. I was skeptical at first that they were actually fully aquatic freshwater crabs, but it seems they really are.

No I said they would eat the eggs. Crabs are scavengers and will eat anything and everything they can get their pincers on.

Oh, then never mind lol, and yes my crab is fully aquatic, doesn't need land which is why I will die when I get a female for my firemouth =/, it's too cool I love seeing him eat pellets lol, he takes hours to grab a small little pellet. And then there is that beautiful zebra snail that looks like a saltwater snail. They made an awesome tank, but I guess It won't be good.

Back
Top Bottom