Cramped LFS. Whats the most cramped tank you've seen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

William

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just curious as to who has seen very cramped tanks in LFS,

So post the size you think the tank may have been in gallons, ammount of fish, size of fish, and the name of the store :)

Me, I've seen upwards of 20 or 30 two inch Angel fish in what I figure is about a 10gallon cube at a local PetLand.

Also at a PetLand, They have two giant pl*co's [ one is 2 feet long, the other is a few inches shorter ] and a 25inch Pacu in what appears to be about a 30gal tank, of course they also have 8 inches of substrate in the tank which makes it even more cramped.

A local wal mart had 2 foot long koi in a single 10 gal, both were in very poor shape, one to the extent of missing a gil plate and most of its scales on one side.

I would have bought him If I had had the money.

I saw a tank at Walmart that I think was a 5 gallon (maybe 10 if I want to be generous) with about 15-20 2" Oscars in it. Talk about wall-to-wall!

Then there were the dozens (I would estimate 200 or so) bettas in little cups stacked 5 or 6 high. You can't tell me they're unstacking those cups every couple of days to feed those poor bettas and they can't possibly sell that many in a week (at least, I wouldn't think so). I have to wonder how many of those poor fished get tossed, cup and all.

Saw a 2 foot long, 1 foot wide cichlid (wasn't sure the species but it was HUGE), smooshed into a 25g hex tank. Poor thing couldn't turn around.

My local petcetera throws in 20-30 "fancy" goldfish into one of those 5 or 10 gal cube thing every Friday (and they would fill 8 or 10 of them). By the afternoon, there are dead, stress out fish everywhere. Those not sold quickly don't survive the weekend .. because by Monday, nothing is left.

Back
Top Bottom