Crayfish Destroying All of My Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ianeberle

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently bought a crayfish for my freshwater tank. He's about 3 inches long and is a really cool edition to my community. The only problem I have with him is that he completely ate three of my plants (leaves, roots, and all) and has almost destroyed the remaining two, which are giant java ferns. In fact, he ate the roots that were several inches long off of one of my java ferns, so I don't even know if it's going to be growing back (I found it floating at the top of the tank).

I don't want to get rid of my crayfish and I don't want to get rid of my live plants (simply because they look pretty and provide benefits for my fish). Is there any special kind of crayfish food or algae pellets or something that I can buy to calm his appetite?

I can asure you that youre javas will grow back. I clip yhe leafs off one of mine due to BBA and it took a while to grow back. As long as you rhizome is good youl be ok.

Doing alright,looking forward to football season as much as one can given the circumstances,and yourself?

I think I'm more ready than those tigers. They make me nervous. As for the saints, I'm pleased with the last two games. They seem to have it when they need it and then turn it off to save some. All in all, I am ready for some football!!

Thanks for all of the replies... I decided to get rid of my crayfish (I gave him back to the pet store). Now I need to buy some new plants :(

Back
Top Bottom