Crayfish ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bschowa

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey all, i had a friend that needed to rehome two of his crayfish as his tank cracked, i have them in a 10 gallon tank for now and i want to know what kind they are as he doesnt remember. i have never had crayfish before so any advice on feeding/tank mates/ do's and dont's would be helpfull

here are some pictures.

img_1802583_0_7f95a6e3031530c25f5662eb55a29baf.jpg

img_1802583_1_2c66c310fb7d3da6a9d138c764ea89c8.jpg

Im thinking either marbled or cajun dwarfs. A good test is to put them in a planted tank. If they destroy your plants they are marbled. If not they are probably cajun dwarfs lol
I had a mexican dwarf that ate algae wafers and flake food (I never saw him eat flake food but the internet says they do so I assume he did) but his all time favourite was crushed snails.
I would give dry food (flake, algae wafers) and then supplement with something meaty (frozen food, crushed snails).
Good luck with them! My mexican dwarf was the most interesting thing in my tank! He liked to sky dive lol

Thanks For the reply! i will toss a plant in there tonight, hopefully it destroys it, i think it would be interesting to watch the crayfish self clone,

i threw an algae wafer in there and they quickly pounced on it, im guessing they were pretty hungry :(

put a crypt in there and sure enough, not even 30 seconds after i got my hands out of the tank they were both all over it ripping off leaves lol i left it in there for them to eat and they look super happy

Pshh! I told you to sic em on a plant lol not much too it.

Back
Top Bottom