Crazy big box store fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CowMoo

Aquarium Advice Freak
So today at [big box store] they had a 6 inch TIGER SHOVELNOSE! I felt so bad he could barely turn around in his 10 gallon tank :( anyway has anybody seen crazy fish at [big box store]?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that's sad. Considering the fact that it will most likely die there or end up in someone's tiny tank and die there. I've seen huge plecos at PetCo, along with elephant noses and giant crayfish. Other than those, never really seen any crazy ones.

Sturgeon at That Fish Place. Which would explain the one caught in the Susquehanna river....

At my local big box pet store they have a tank full of dinosaur bichirs. They are neat little fish (3-4 inches) in the 10 gal they are keeping them in now, but only minimal mention is made on their information tag that they get to be 10-12 inches long. In reality they can get over 14/16 in. and will eat just about any fish that will fit into its mouth - the store has them listed only as "carnivore". I can only imagine how many kids said they wanted a dinosaur fish only to slowly start seeing their neons, guppies, etc... slowly disappearing and their bichir growing to the length of their 10 gal. at home.

Back
Top Bottom