Creamsicle Molly rolling over

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

monaro_gto

Aquarium Advice Activist
So im new to all of this but I noticed my creamsicle molly is going to the bottom every now and then and rolling over. Is this normal? I dont know that I have seen a fish roll over before!

So im new to all of this but I noticed my creamsicle molly is going to the bottom every now and then and rolling over. Is this normal? I dont know that I have seen a fish roll over before!

I've never seen that. Is it flashing or scratching up against anything? Does it look like it's having a hard time breathing? How long is it staying at the bottom?
We have lost several mollies lately and I am wondering if it's water conditions. I had ours in a freshwater tank with temps btw 78 and 80. But mollies really do best in brackish conditions where the water is salted to a degree and, I believe, a bit cooler.

I've never seen that. Is it flashing or scratching up against anything? Does it look like it's having a hard time breathing? How long is it staying at the bottom?
We have lost several mollies lately and I am wondering if it's water conditions. I had ours in a freshwater tank with temps btw 78 and 80. But mollies really do best in brackish conditions where the water is salted to a degree and, I believe, a bit cooler.

You may also want to consider your water parameters and check what they are at...

I guess it was just first day in tank. I have been watching closely and he has not done it again.

Back
Top Bottom